Covid-19 Preventative Measures at Skeeball Games & Guidelines for Participation
Covid-19 Preventative Measures at Skeeball Games & Guidelines for Participation
*Prior to and during your season, S3 Leagues will be closely monitoring Covid-19 advice and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as local and state officials. We will continually educate our league coordinators on updated preventative measures, require day of games temperature checks and that they inform us immediately and stay home if feeling unwell or displaying Covid-19 symptoms.
This list includes important safety precautions and guidelines that we and our players must follow at games. We need EVERY registered participant to read this in its entirety so we’re all on the same page before attending. First you will see bullet points that provide a brief outline of each item. For those that want more detail and understanding related these requirements, please read the information below that.
- Face coverings over the mouth and nose are required to be worn by all attendees at all times. Bandanas, neck gaiters, balaclavas or masks with valves are not allowed as they have been proven not to provide sufficient protection to you and others. The only time you may remove your mask is if you are in the act of taking a bite to eat or having a drink. We highly suggest that you do not speak at all while doing this until you have put your mask back on.
- Masks must be worn while either playing skeeball, pop a shot or using the batting cages. Players not actively playing one of these things must be seated at a table. Tables will be sufficiently spaced out. A max of 4 people may be seated at a table at any time. You may not congregate or stand around a table, you must be seated.
- All bar staff wear face coverings and they are following very thorough cleaning procedures to keep you safe.
- If you are feeling unwell, experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, have been in close contact with someone or yourself have positive for Covid-19, YOU MUST STAY HOME.
- ALL players and ALL subs must sign our digital waivers HERE before participating.
- AT NO TIME may anyone come within 6 ft. of a league staff member.
- Captains are required by state regulations to email a daily attendance list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teams will be in the game room during their scheduled match time. After the match is over, teams will move downstairs to the main bar area and must still adhere to the rules for wearing masks, table size limits, etc. Players arriving prior to their match will be asked to wait in the downstairs main bar until their match is beginning.
- We have a ZERO tolerance policy for any intentional acts of non-adherence to these rules.
- Do not touch any parts of your face. If you must cough or sneeze, do it into your arm or shirt.
- Maintain social distance of 6+ ft. between players when possible.
- Non-participant spectators are not allowed for any reason.
- Try not to bring any personal items not needed for the game into the bar.
- Players must sanitize their hands with league provided sanitizer upon arrival. After games it will also be provided. For any other sanitizing desired players should bring their own.
- The venue will spray sanitize the skeeballs, pop-a-shot balls, and batting cage bats at the end of every match.
- No high fives between teammates during games. Handshakes/walking of the line will not be done after games. Just say “Good game!”
- Lastly, S3 leagues usually run smooth and super organized. We’re working to ensure they will be this season as well! But in case there are some minor issues or inconveniences, this is a tricky and ever changing time for us all so we ask for your understanding with this. Let’s all be grateful we are able to play some friendly sports. Follow the rules, be chill and help make it a fun, laid back and harmonious season for everyone.
Requirements & Guidelines for League Umpires, Coordinators & Staff
- All S3 staff attending leagues or events will take a daily temperate check prior to their shift.
- All S3 staff will wear face coverings over their nose and mouth when within 6-ft. of others.
- Hand sanitizer is available to all S3 staff to use throughout their shift.
- All S3 staff are required to inform S3 management if they are feeling ill, displaying any and all symptoms of Covid-19, have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or has themselves tested positive for Covid-19. If experiencing any of these things, S3 management will follow all IDPH guidelines for self quarantine and testing requirements of staff member.
- Staff understand it’s important to be open and honest about these things with no fear of retribution for being unable to attend their shifts, even if last minute.
THE FULL SAFETY GUIDELINES & REGULATIONS OF PLAY
- First and most importantly, if any player is feeling generally unwell or experiencing Covid-19 symptoms as defined by the CDC here, YOU MUST STAY HOME AND NOT ATTEND THE GAME OR SPONSOR BAR AT ALL. There is a zero tolerance policy with this, so don’t make our umps have to send you home. We must ALL look out for each other during these times, and that includes being responsible for yourself with regard to this. If you have allergies and are coughing and sneezing/sniffling regularly, you must stay home out of an abundance of caution, even if you have recently been tested and found to be negative. Help us all protect each other by not taking chances and putting others at risk.
- Prior to every game every night, the league coordinator will ask each team if everyone in attendance is feeling well today. All team members must reply verbally “Yes” to affirm they are all feeling well. Next the umpire will ask all team members if any of them have any symptoms of Covid-19, have been exposed to or in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or themselves tested positive for Covid-19. All team members must reply verbally “No” to be allowed to play. If anyone answers the other thing to any of these questions that team member will be required to leave the playing area immediately and self quarantine according to IDPH guidelines.
- ALL players and ALL subs must sign our digital waivers before participating. There will be a standard waiver and additional Covid-19 waiver. We will be cross referencing signed waivers with daily rosters provided to us by teams (explained below) to ensure all participants each day have completed the waivers. If you have a player during a game that had not signed the waiver, your team will forfeit that game. You can sign the league waivers here.
- Up to 4 people may be seated at a table at any time. Players not throwing skeeballs, playing pop-a-shot or using the batting cages must be seated at a table. Tables will be spaced out so there is sufficient space between them.
- Teams will be in the game room during their scheduled match time. After the match is over, teams will move to the downstairs bar to continue socializing with their teams and must still adhere to the rules for wearing masks, table size limits, etc.
- At no time may any participant for any reason whatsoever, come within 6 ft. of an S3 staff member. Not to get your wristband (we’ll explain how to get that below), to ask a question, to get something, NOTHING at all. This is to protect both you and our staff. You are allowed to talk the league coordinator of course, but you MUST maintain social distance while doing so even if you are wearing a mask. Failure to adhere to this rule may result in ejection from the game. We are extremely lucky to have the commitment from our coordinators to run our leagues right now. They have chosen to do this in their free time (yes they have other jobs) even in these circumstances for fun and love of the activity.
- After signing the digital waiver you will receive an email confirmation. To receive your league wristband, on your phone zoom in on your name shown on the email confirmation and show it to the league coordinator from 6+ ft. away. They will grab your wristband and toss it to you.
- We will have a ZERO tolerance policy for any intentional acts of non-adherence to these rules set forth. Any blatant disregard for social distancing, intimidation, risky virus related fooling around or flagrant disrespect for your fellow player or staff. This will result in ejection from the game and likely from the league with no refund provided. More than ever, we expect players to be calm and smiley while playing. We are living in a different time right now where all players MUST play with integrity and be understanding of each other and the situation.
- With regard to social distancing, players must respect each other’s space by adhering to social distancing of 6 ft. when possible. Players must also respect the social distance of other players and may not touch another player for any reason. We must be aware of each others’ personal space.
- For your own safety and the safety of others, it is incredibly important that players do not touch their face AT ANY TIME. If you must cough or sneeze, do so into your elbow, shirt, etc. Even with a mask on. NOT your hands or into the air.
- Players should limit the amount of belongings they bring to the bar. If possible, please do not bring any unnecessary bags, purses, or any other items.
- Upon arrival each night, before touching any shared league equipment or supplies, all league participants are required to sanitize their hands with hand sanitizer provided by S3. Players will also be provided hand sanitizer after the match has concluded. If additional sanitizing of your hands is desired during the game, players are encouraged to bring their own sanitizer.
- The venue will spray sanitize the skeeballs, pop-a-shot balls, and batting cage bats at the end of every match. Sluggers is also regularly sanitizing and cleaning all parts of their facility in adherence with local health guidelines.
- ALL teams are required by state mandated guidelines to provide S3 Leagues with your daily team attendance roster. First and last names preferred. First names only are okay if last names are not known. One member of the team must email it to email@example.com. Failure to do so may result in forfeit of the game as it is a requirement we must follow.
- Players should avoid high fiving, hugging, etc with their own teammates during the game. No handshakes or walking of the line will be done after any game. Because we still have good sportsmanship, as a team you’ll do an air high 5 and say to the other team: “Good game!”
- Lastly, S3 leagues usually run smooth and super organized. We’re working to ensure they will be this season as well! But in case there are some minor issues or inconveniences, this is a tricky and ever changing time for us all so we ask for your understanding with this. Let’s all appreciate simply being able to play some friendly sports this summer. Follow the rules, be chill and help make it a fun, laid back and harmonious season for everyone. Thanks!!