Join the S3 Team!
We want you to join the S3 Team!
Think you’ve got what it takes to keep our leagues the most fun in town? We’re looking for responsible, organized, friendly and fun people to help out with S3 Leagues here in Chicago by running daily league operations and umping games. Reffing and managing games are great ways to earn some extra cash, while also getting one heck of an S3 League experience.
Send an email with why you’d be a good fit for this, past sports playing and possible umping experience to email@example.com. Include anything that will tell us who you are and what makes you right for the gig!
We’ve got leagues on both weeknights and weekends. We need you to help run our games smoothly, while reminding our members to just have a good time and remember the fun, social aspect of our leagues.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Manage all on-field logistics including: timely set-up, start and completion of games
• Referee Games
• Resolve on-field disputes
• Work with the S3 staff to improve the quality of our leagues
• Inform management of any issues or problems that occur
• Learn S3 Leagues Rules
• Attend referee training session
• Live in the city of Chicago or near suburbs
• Commit to entire seasons
• Available on Weekends and/or Weeknights
• Interested in sports
• Understanding of specific sport and rules
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to handle conflict and be diplomatic in all situations that arise
• Be fun, social and personable
PREFERRED (but not required):
• Experience in refereeing
• Experience in customer service
• Experience playing in rec sports leagues
Payment will be discussed in the interview process and varies based on time commitment required for each league. But we take care of our umps and coordinators because of how important you are to the player experience!
If there is interest in interviewing you for this position, a representative from S3 will contact you shortly after application is received. We look forward to hearing from you!