How We Play Skeeball
Some more about how we get our skee on!
1. A MATCH consists of two teams playing 7 GAMES. In each GAME, every player on the team will roll one FRAME (throwing 9 balls) Every team member present and able to play must roll at least one full FRAME each GAME to get their personal FRAME SCORE. The top 8 scores of the team will count each GAME towards the TEAM GAME SCORE for determining which team won the game.
MATCH = 7 FULL GAMES
GAME = EACH PLAYER ON THE TEAM THROWS 1 FULL FRAME
FRAME = 9 BALLS THROWN TO GET A PERSONAL FRAME SCORE
FRAME SCORE = EACH PLAYER’S SCORE AFTER THROWING THE 9 BALLS
TEAM GAME SCORE = THE TOP 8 SCORES FROM THE TEAM FROM A GIVEN GAME
2. All GAMES won and lost will count towards the team’s record. So if you lose the first 6 GAMES, but win the 7th, your record for that night would be 1-6. Plus, 2 bonus points will be awarded to the team that wins the MATCH.
– If both teams have 8 or more players, the top 8 scores from each team will be used.
– If one team has 6 players and the other has 10 players, the top 6 scores from each team will be used.
– If one team has 5 players and the other has 7 players, the top 5 scores from each team will be used.
*The number of top scores used will be changed if more players from a team show up during the match.
Winning, Losing & Playoffs
1. After EVERY match EVERY night, we will do a raffle where half of ALL players will be bought a beer by S3!
Some players will be freakishly awesome, some embarrassingly terrible. Whichever you are, come knowing that no one cares how good you are and that we’re all here simply to hang out and meet some cool people. This is the most rec league you’ll ever play in with how we run it, which is kind of what bowling is meant to be anyways, so make sure to be super social and don’t think too hard about winning games. After a few weeks it’ll just be you and your friends hitting the lanes to bowl and winning becomes an afterthought. Also remember that all teams of individuals are put together at random by age (and friend requests). So while your team is your team for the season, make sure to meet others too! That’s the whole point of S3 Leagues!