How We Play Beach Volleyball
Some more about how we get our beach volley on!
- Each team consists of no more than 6 players on the court at one time (maximum of 3 males). A team may play with a minimum of 3 players, but in this situation must have at least 1 of each gender.
- Matches consist of 3 games to 21. Team must win by 2 and there is a cap at 25 points.
- Teams will have an hour to play 1 match (3 games). All 3 games will be played each night and count toward your record for the season.
- All games will play using Rally Scoring Rules. This means that your team scores on every point won whether or not you were serving.
- Games will be self-reffed. Players will make their own in/out/etc calls during the game. Please be honest. This is just a fun league!
Beginning of Games
5. A defensive block does not count as one of the allowable contacts. A player may reach over the net to block a ball if: a. Any portion of the ball breaks the plane of the net or b. After the offense has come in contact with the ball on the third attempt.
6. The ball must be cleanly hit when spiking with an open hand. Guiding, carrying or lifting is illegal. A carry or lift is any use of an open hand(s) while making contact with the ball that is not in a firm manner.
7. Out of bounds is the area outside the rope line laid down around the court. Balls that land on the rope line are in bounds.
8. The ball can contact any number of body parts down to, and including the foot.
All games will be self-reffed
Game Play & Playoffs
First Offense: 10-0 loss of game and warning issued.
Second Offense: 10-0 loss of second game and S3 reserves the right to remove team from the league or playoffs with no refund for games not played.
Third Offense: Automatic removal from the league with no refund for games not played.
The reason for the harshness of this is because we want all teams to be able to play. If your team is a no-show, then the other team also doesn’t get to play, and that’s not cool. So just get subs or at least let us know if you’re not going to make it!
If you know in advance that your team will be forfeiting a match, you are required to email us at email@example.com so we can let your opponent know that you won’t be showing up.